2023 CERT Basic Training classes being offered. Capital Region classes forming in the fall of 2023. Sign up under the JOIN Tab.
CRCOG will be hosting a regional Basic CERT training class.
This is for any person(s) who like to take this training.
- The Classes will be held at CRCOG 241 Main St. Hartford (parking and entrance is located at the rear of the building off of John St.
- The doors will be open at 5:45 PM and class will start at 6:00PM
- The dates for the classes are: Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26 and Nov. 2, 9, 16, and 30. (NO class on Thanksgiving evening).
This class will fill up quickly. Get your seat saved as soon as possible!
Joining Bristol CERT is easy!
Most everyone ages 18 and older is able to become a team member. There’re only 3 major requirements:
1. Complete a CERT Basic training class in Connecticut (20 Classroom Hours) These are offered all over Connecticut, Bristol can offer classes when minimum 10 people have signed up. Regional classes are held in the spring and fall.
2. Complete the FEMA IS-100 and IS-200 online courses
3. Take an oath as a sworn member of Bristol CERT
Individuals who have not yet taken a CERT Basic Training are still welcome to join us at our meetings – Select the JOIN tab or email email@example.com and we will contact you on how you can join us while waiting to take a CERT Basic training class, information on attending our meetings or answer any questions or inquiries.
Every person who is part of CERT has gone through a 20-hour training program. This course schedule varies either on a weekly basis or on weekends. This program was developed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and is supported by the Department of Homeland Security. While joining a CERT chapter requires the completion of this training program you can take the program and not join a CERT chapter too. Below are some of the materials covered in this course:
Bristol CERT offer additional training for our members. While joining CERT requires graduation from the above course nobody is required to take the following classes.
Generally, people just take what interests them. Below is a partial listing of some additional classes CERT members across the country have taken:
CERT is used to assist with emergency services during a critical incident, as well as helping at planned events. Depending on the situation a CERT team in one area may be asked to deploy in another area. Always of primary concern is that each CERT member has taken care of their own family first.
For more info, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org